CO2 Australia is the nation’s leading environmental services company. With an unparalleled track record in achieving independent accreditation, along the way, CO2 Australia’s achievements have shaped the way organisations, individuals and landholders contribute to creating a better climate.
- CO2 Group is established.
- CO2 Australia becomes the first reforestation company to be accredited under the NSW Greenhouse Gas Abatement Scheme.
- Secures contract to supply carbon credits to Origin Energy.
- Secures contracts to establish forest carbon sinks for Country Energy and Eraring Energy.
- Enters into a joint venture with Macquarie Bank Limited to establish and manage forest carbon sink.
- Works with the Victorian Department of Sustainability and Environment to establish plantings.
- Becomes the first Australian Associate Member and a listed Offset Provider under the Chicago Climate Exchange.
- Becomes the first reforestation company to gain ‘Accredited Abatement Provider’ title under the Australian government’s Greenhouse Friendly™ program.
- Wins new contracts to establish and manage forest carbon sinks on behalf of Qantas Airways, Woodside Energy, City of Sydney, EDS Australia and Big Day Out.
- Announces projects for INPEX/Total Browse joint venture, Newmont Mining Corporation and Rip Curl.
- Successfully completes takeover bid for the Oil Mallee Company of Australia.
- Client, Woodside, exercises the option to undertake $75m worth of additional plantings.
- Announces new projects with Wannon Water and ACTEW Water.
- CO2 Group establishes CO2 New Zealand with a sales mandate for 2.5 million NZUs (New Zealand Units).
- Launches voluntary carbon offset program, Yonderr.
- CO2 New Zealand secures $10 million carbon sequestration project.
To date, our business has grown to include over 30 full time, in-house professionals located across six offices in three Australian states. We have successfully established and managed large scale tree plantings in New South Wales, Victoria and Western Australia totalling more than 26,000 hectares of mallee eucalypts and 3500 hectares of native bush.