We have delivered offsets for several large coal mine and rail projects in the Galilee Basin, including:
- Adani Mining’s Carmichael Coal and Rail Project and North Galilee Basin Rail Project
- Waratah Coal’s Galilee Coal Project
- Hancock Coal’s Alpha Coal Project.
All projects were declared ‘coordinated’ projects under the State Development and Public Works Organisation Act 1971 and were required to provide terrestrial and marine offsets under state and Commonwealth offset frameworks. We provided a range of services for these projects including:
- identification of impacts
- preparation of Biodiversity Offset Strategies, Environmental Offset Proposal and EPBC Act Offsets Assessment Guide reports
- identification of suitable environmental offsets to
acquit marine and terrestrial offset requirements
- calculation of costs to secure offsets and ongoing management
- presentations to and negotiations with the Queensland and
- landholder negotiations and field surveys.